A Telecom infrastructure provider
A telecom infrastructure provider had grown rapidly and was experiencing the early stages of plateauing growth and the HR team noticed early signs of some cultural issues to be addressed. The initial mandate was to conduct a couple of stand-alone “People-management skills” programmes.
We visited two circles for diagnostic conversations across levels. We gathered:
- A widespread leadership belief in number delivery at any
- People issues were seen as HR responsibilities and offsite events would be enough to assuage any people related issues.
- A highly task-only culture, with its many offshoots that included a lack of empathy, lack of interpersonal trust and collaboration.
- A lack of appreciation that growth was tapering and a silo’d approach was leading to unresolved conflict and loss of efficiency.
Our recommendation was to address leadership mindsets and beliefs first, and then follow up with addressing skills.
What was envisaged as a 2-workshop mandate, became a 3- phase engagement, rolled out across all the operating circles, over 2 years.
- Phase 1: Customised 3-day breakthrough immersions
- Phase 2: 1:1 coaching for all circle’s leadership team members, nationally.
- Phase 3: 3-day skill enhancement sessions
- Leaders reported a sharper awareness of the impact of their styles on people, culture, and performance.
- Significantly enhanced candour and synergy, silo’d approach reduced.
- A culture that valued receiving and providing feedback.
- Skill building on enhancing engagement
All this was geared towards creating an assertive orientation-based work environment.
Other Case Studies
A Fortune 100 MNC had a change in the India leadership at a turbulent time for the company and industry. The new leader was embarking on a large-scale change project in line with a re-visioned future and strategic imperatives. The first initiative was to enrol the top leadership and the top 100 leaders in a process of co-creation.
A leading textile manufacturer was hard hit by a slowdown in exports that posed existential threats. Given the scale of challenge there were multiple processes being explored and we were called in to diagnose the situation and provide our recommendations.